Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Candyland

Sorry there have been no pictures lately. I left my camera in Utah and since I'm returning to Utah on the 15th I figured I could wait and save on the shipping costs. We recently bought the game Candyland and I've been trying to teach Esther how to play it. Let's just say she has not quite grasped the game concept and maybe that's a good thing. She gets the color thing--moving along the colors but she does not understand that winning, or getting to the Candy Castle is a good thing and winning is the end of the game. In her girly mind, getting to the Candy Castle is not the ultimate goal, instead it's all about getting to Princess Frostine, because she's a princess of course. So today when she won I tried to say "Yea!! you won!!" and she immediately started crying and blubbering about the princess so... we kept playing and she made it to the princess and then we were finally able to end the game. Maybe I should hide it and try again in a few months.

1 comment:

Heidi Openshaw said...

Katie, seriously, I laugh so very hard when I read your blog. You have the funniest children. You write so well, and I am thoroughly entertained by your entrys. You don't even need pictures. Esther is the funnest, cutest little kid ever! She says the most darling things! I cannot wait unti Macie starts talking to us. I loved the Candyland story! We need to get togher when you come down for the HOlidays!