Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gourmet Kate

You know you're a good cook when...
1. Your husband (not your child) asks, "Do I really have to eat this?" or
2. When your daughter asks, "Are you making mud?"

This actually happened on a pretty good cooking week for me. My husband ended up "eating" his words as he was very impressed with my (or Martha Stewart's) chicken chilaquiles. Then this morning I was making oatmeal and I guess Esther has not seen me make it in a long time since I usually defer to cold cereal. I am really not the worst cook--I'm learning more and more each year and I'm always on the look for great new recipes if anyone has any recommendations.

4 comments:

Janine said...

I feel like my cooking has gone downhill over the years. I find either I cook the same old things (that I know everyone will eat), or I try new things to mixed reviews. Sometimes I'm in such a rush that things just don't turn out. Oh well. James has also learned over the years not to comment negatively on my cooking or he'll go hungry.

The Cox's said...

Hey Kate,

Well I do enjoy cooking but I'll admit I never follow a recipe. I'm not one to actually level off 1/3 cup measurement so duplicating my recipes is somewhat of a science. Anywho, I really love allrecipes.com because people rate recipes so if it doesn't sound fabulous and it's not rated that way...I won't even attempt it. There's a corn chowder recipe on there that is one of my faves!

*** said...

I love the comments! Tim usually just eats something nasty I try and tells me later that it wasn't his favorite. It is a little tough trying new recipes, I say 3 out of 4 are usually good. When they aren't, I throw it in the trash and we go out. However, the chicken chilaquiles sound like a hit, I'll have to try them, hopefully on her website.

Gary Church said...

Kate, you have to join my recipe blog ... I'm sending you an invite. I don't even know what that Martha Stewart dish is, but it sounded good!

J