Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Isaac's 1st Birthday!!

It's hard to believe that one year ago I gave birth to a big baby boy.  Now he is almost triple the size and triple the fun (and sometimes the work).  Isaac has been doing a little better at sleeping (thank goodness) and is generally a happy guy.  Yesterday he was a bit of a crank but we decided to not give him too hard of a time since it was his birthday--but it did make church a bit exhausting.  We had a combined birthday/graduation party for Isaac, my mom, and my brother Dan.  We now have a few more boy toys in our house so Isaac isn't limited to dolls, strollers, and pink things.  He is becoming a good walker--although we know he still isn't great when Esther includes him in his prayers praying that "he won't fall so much now that he's one."  Isaac loves to point now (we're not sure at what or why) and he will even wave on occasion if he feels like it.  He's usually always up for giving big sloppy kisses.  He LOVES water--baths, showers, beaches, faucets--he's happy.  The girls love mothering him and smothering him.  Happy 1st Isaac!



He thoroughly enjoyed his cake--and even enjoyed trying to put some in Auntie Ju's mouth.  By the time he was done we had to do major clothing removal.  I think it was probably his favorite part of the whole day!  (it definitely wasn't the three hours of church--did I already mention how horrible he was at church yesterday??)
We still love him. 

4 comments:

Janine said...

He is so cute! Happy birthday to him!! Does Esther start school this year?

Heidi Openshaw said...

What a cute little man Kate. Okay, I take back the little. He is not little. He is a big boy, but so darling. How is he already one?! Wow!

cori said...

A year already?!! I can't believe it.

And I almost didn't recognize you in the pic Katie - your hair looks great -you look great...can't believe you're a mom to three amazing little kids!

Glovers said...

I love his outfit. Looks like it's time for you to be thinking about another child. (ha, ha)