Pages

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Esther and the Tooth Fairy's first visit

Nobody could be as excited as Esther was about losing her first tooth.  She's been wanting to lose a tooth since she first saw her cousin Walker start to lose his teeth.  She has asked so many times "When am I going to lose a tooth?" that I think I have lost count.  It finally happened on the second day of school--which meant she was the first girl in her class to lose a tooth and she got a special sticker.  Not to mention she got two dollars from the tooth fairy.  Two dollars you ask?  Well, John opened his mouth and mentioned that the tooth fairy could bring ten cents or two dollars--nobody knows.  So Esther, of course, hoped for the highest amount and even included it in her evening prayers tuesday night.  So in order to promote faith and fulfill dreams the tooth fairy left a whopping two dollars.  She was ecstatic.  She couldn't even wait for me to walk through the door when I got back from running in the morning--she opened the door to the garage and immediately started yelling out to me.  I did tell Esther that most likely the tooth fairy just left such a large amount because it was her FIRST tooth and the first tooth is SPECIAL.  Hopefully she got the hint. 

2 comments:

Janine said...

Yeah...the tooth fairy in our house actually STOPS paying after about the third tooth. Also, you sometimes have to wait a night or two to get your money...she's really busy up here.

b.liz said...

Yay Esther!!! She's such a big girl. Walker would be proud.