I wanted to write a little about Isaac because there are so many things that I want to remember about his age right now. He is always making us laugh or sometimes driving us crazy.
Here are some things Isaac loves:
-Cars, cars and more cars. Especially Lightning Mcqueen and anything associated with those movies. He is always saying, "Ka Chow!!" He was at the store with me when I was picking out a little present to give to the kids on Valentine's Day. I figured he was there so I would let him pick a car. I was trying to persuade him to pick a Cars character he doesn't have like Finn but all he wanted was another Lightning Mcqueen. So now he has 3. If he could he would wear his Cars shirt every day. I bought him Cars underwear in the hopes that it would motivate him to start using the potty but I guess his passion only goes so far because after an hour and one accident he brought me a diaper and insisted on me putting it on.
-My phone. Ever since I got a new phone and I put a couple games on it and occasionally let him play he is in love with my phone, or "pone" as he calls it. He loves to play, take pictures, and talk to Daddy. Even though he still doesn't talk in complete sentences he insists on talking with Daddy any time he calls.
-Going to the gym with Mom. Lucy prays that I will work out at home on the nights before a day without preschool. Isaac hops in the car and gets impatient if I stop at the bank before going to the gym. So mostly he likes to sit and watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse while I workout but it's an outing he always enjoys.
-Food. Especially breakfast. If we are eating pancakes, waffles, or french toast, Isaac always out-eats everyone in our family. He loves that stuff! He also loves yogurt and has one every day and isn't happy if we are out. He has become a much better dinner eater too and will generally sit down and at least try whatever I serve as long as I haven't let him snack before dinner.
-Me, the Mommy. Isaac likes to be by my side doing what I'm doing all the time. Unless his sisters are doing something more exciting. Whether I'm cooking or on the computer he is my right hand, sometimes closer than right hand man. One of his favorite activities is laundry. If I am doing wash he comes running to put the soap in and the clothes. Loves that! He is also a great snuggler and is always giving me lots of very tight sometimes violent hugs (running and slamming into me)or grabbing my cheeks, squeezing really hard and saying, "chubby cheeks!"
-Bubble baths and belly buttons. He got some Cars bubble bath for Christmas and now every bath must be a "Bubble Baff." He also loves to point out his belly button and find mom and dad's too. Good times.
This is a picture of Isaac and his Papa playing their pipes from Peru--my sister brought them back for them and it got us all laughing watching them blow on their pipes.
There are a few things Isaac does NOT like.
-Sleeping in his bed. For two months straight Isaac was sleeping in our room on the floor because he was scared of the dark. We gave up on him staying in his room because he kept turning on his light in the middle of the night and it would wake me up and keep me up to keep that light on. So then we thought that if we moved his bed back in the bonus area with the girls then maybe he would feel more comfortable and he could even sleep with his light on (after we took out all the bulbs and left only one with a very low wattage).
He did well for a few days and then we got some lovely spring weather and Lucy taught him the art of being scared to death of spiders. The next night he woke up in the middle of the night crying about spiders. John sat with him for 30 minutes and thought he had him back to sleep. Five minutes later he was crying again so not so patient pregnant me just gave up and made him a bed again in the corner. He's been with us ever since!! AAAaaaarghhh. Any suggestions?
-Holes. Isaac cannot stand any little hole in his pants or his socks. If he happens to notice a tiny hole there will be no resting until I have changed his pants or his socks. It drives his mommy crazy sometimes when we are in a hurry and trying to get Esther to school. Especially since Isaac will wear his socks outside once and due to his method of riding the plasma car or other trikes (all feet and lots of dragging) he is very fast at making holes. Also today we found out he couldn't handle buttons on the back of his pants. They kept coming undone and that was driving him crazy... and subsequently me!
-Spills and messiness. Isaac doesn't clean up after himself unless I threaten him with timeout. But he does NOT like if he spills--whether it's on his shirt, the table, one the bench, or his hand... he can't continue until it's wiped or washed up. He's very diligent about washing his hands after he eats although sometimes he spends a few too many minutes playing in the water while he is washing. The other day when he was heading to his bed on the floor by our bed, the blanket was all twisted and folded and he almost lost it. I had to straighten out the blanket and when I missed a corner he made sure it got folded out alright.
We sure love our little guy even though he can be SO very stubborn. Esther loves to coddle him and Lucy loves to provoke him but they are all pretty good buddies. Isaac is all boy despite being surrounded so often by girls! And one last girl to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment