Now I am down to blogging by month... I need to do better. Life has been challenging and crazy but I still feel very blessed. I can't believe May is over, soccer is over, school is over and we are into summer!
It flew by but here are some highlights:
Mother's Day and my birthday--lucky me on the exact same day. John and the kids tried to spoil me but I'm always glad when both those days are over. I do love being a mom... best job in the world.
Lucy had her pre-si-chool program--I will miss hearing her say that word with three syllables. She was so excited all week for it and I filmed a lot of it but forgot to take many pictures. She sang a lot of cute songs and had a great time performing. Then she gave me this cute card of a small survey she filled out of information about me. I probably need to work on things if she thinks my favorite thing is napping--but I am pregnant! Plus I'm only 13 years old! ha ha ha
Esther had a mother's day program too--she sang cute songs and then we got to have refreshments together and read some books together (she's on the back row as it goes for tall girls--just like her mom growing up). I can't believe how much she has learned and how much she loves to read now. Her favorite books are these fairy chapter books that she can't get enough of. She even has traded or borrowed some from her friends at school. It's adorable to see her discover the joy of reading.
Esther had her last soccer game. She had a great time playing this year and really improved from the first to the last game. One game she even scored six goals! In the first half of the season she didn't score once so she definitely found her game.
She was pretty pumped to get a trophy--
"Mom, my FIRST trophy ever!"
"Mom, my FIRST trophy ever!"
We had our traditional last day of school picnic on Esther's last day of school. I don't usually get lunchables for my kids so that's the special treat they get to have at the park. John even got to come with us because he had a rare day off work.
Isaac devoured his lunchable by the handfulls.
Lucy couldn't wait to eat her "ricepie crispie treat"
The funniest thing was watching Isaac cross this little bridge over a stream--he got really nervous and had to take it really slow. He is definitely a cautious little guy which his mom is okay with. He is starting to talk a little more--lots of sentences even--for example he told me twice that he was "so mad at me"-once when I knocked Esther's carseat on the ground to vacuum her seat and once when I told him he needed to take a nap because he was being whiny. I'm glad he's making speech improvements!
Then to finish off the day we decided to get Esther a summer-ready haircut and chopped her nice and short. She loves it and it looks pretty cute. But make sure you tell Lucy how cute her hair is too because she started feeling a little self-conscious of her hair by the end of the day and we had to remind her that she has gorgeous cute hair as well.
And we are onto summer!











No comments:
Post a Comment