Being a mom comes with a load of humorous moments and I know if I don't write them down I will definitely forget them all. Here's some of the latest:
Wesley: It is so nice to finally have Wes feeling better even though it means he is back to destroying my house. He is always making us laugh. He doesn't have many words besides Ma ma (for everything) and UH OH.. but he has discovered that one method of getting what he wants is to come grab one or two fingers of a bigger person (everyone in the family) and drag them to the desired location and grunt until the bigger person figures out his hopes and dreams. The other day I cleaned him up and got him out of his high chair and he grabbed my fingers and took me upstairs, pausing at the light switches to turn them on and took me right to the bath where he wanted to go. It was adorable. He loves baths. I decided to spice things up and do some bubbles in the bath for him yesterday. Big mistake. He was scared to death of the bubbles. He wouldn't even sit down and immediately tried to climb out. No more bubbles for now. Last Wes story--Lucy is in tumbling and loves showing us her moves.. whenever she does Wes will do a sort of down dog position with his head right against the ground and wait until Lucy comes and flips his legs over for a somersault. And then we all cheer and he claps. We love our sweet crazy Wes.
Isaac: Yesterday some girls were offering a sidewalk sale across the street of nail painting for 10 cents. Isaac couldn't resist the sale and had 3 of his nails painted. The next day was Sunday--we got in the car to go to church and he has these teal and pink mittens on and it's a beautiful almost 60 degree day. When we get to the church I tell him he cannot wear the mittens into church. He begrudgingly takes them off. During Sacrament Meeting he is constantly trying to scrape them off and I even try to help him. One of the nails is just not coming off and I try to tell him we can take the rest off at home. He breaks down at the thought of going to Primary with painted nails. So I told him he can come home with me (to take Wes home for a nap) but that means we are NEVER painting his nails again. He agrees and thankfully stops crying so I can focus on keeping Wild Wes quiet.
Lucy: Every so often the anxiety about some sort of future medical procedures pops up in Lucy's life. Tonight it was surgery. She came down crying and told me she was worried. I finally coaxed it out of her that she was worried about having surgery. I tried to reassure her that she was in pretty good health and I could see no upcoming surgery happening for her. I don't think I helped much. Twenty minutes later she came down with another worry... that she had choked on something and didn't know it. I told her that if she had choked on something she would KNOW it. There would be coughing and stopped breathing, etc... I also explained that if she swallowed something then it would just eventually come out the other end. She seemed a little more comforted than on my surgery words and finally headed up to bed and did not come back down. :) She is definitely my little worrier. Lucy has wanted to get her ears pierced since she turned 8 but couldn't bear the though of the pain. This week when I picked her up for school one day she said, "Mom, I have some exciting news.... I'm going to get my ears pierced today!!" She was so pumped I told her we could try and figure something out--it was a busy day already. We ended up not having quite enough time in the afternoon so after dinner John took her and the kids (I stayed home with Wes who needed his bed) and headed off to the mall. She was crying before they reached the store. I honestly didn't think she would even go through with it and John was cursing me the whole time for sending him to do this. But he and the lady at Claire's somehow got her on the chair and though she cried the whole time and for a while after she was in fact quite HAPPY to finally have her ears pierced like Esther. John is still recovering from the incident. There were more tears that night as she worried about sleeping on them, ripping them off when she changed into her pajamas, etc.... but she's finally in a better place today about her newly pierced ears.
Esther: Esther still asks 50 questions a day but they have definitely changed since she was 3. "Mom, when can I start wearing makeup? (I said maybe 12) so then a few follow up questions always follow... "Can I wear eye shadow then? Eyeshadow is what I really want to wear... and mascara.. can I wear mascara too when I'm 12?" Later that day, "Mom, if you were my age would you save your money to buy a kindle fire or a phone watch?" also... "Mom, what age do you think I can get a phone? What age were you when you got a phone?" She thought it was pretty awesome I was thinking she could get a phone in junior high and that I didn't have my own personal cell phone until college... until I explained the lack of technology and small cell phones back in the day. To be honest these questions are a little less funny and a little more scary. Can't believe my baby girl is growing up so fast. Have I mentioned she is the best babysitter ever??? And how amazing it is to have a little babysitter in the house??


No comments:
Post a Comment