One fun part of April and May is the end of soccer seasons and also tumbling season for Lucy. Yay! It's nice to be done but the kids all had a good time. Isaac did start having asthma half way through the season so that was a bit of a bummer and it made him a little nervous to play but he didn't love soccer and is ready to be done with it. Esther loves soccer and wants to shoot for another year next year. She has played many times with her good friend Abby. It was fun to see these girls have a great season. Lucy LOVED her Tuesday night tumbling and it was fun to come watch her tumbling review and see all that she has learned. She is really getting good at her front and back handsprings and she would like to continue in tumbling but John and I are trying to encourage her to try something new.
One quick story.. Isaac lost his tooth the other day at school and he got a tooth necklace to go with his tooth and wore that around for a few days. Then one night he was crying hard and I asked what was wrong and through sobs he told me he was so sad because he really wanted a dollar from the tooth fairy but he also really wanted to keep his tooth. (Have I mentioned he is a bit of a hoarder? He would keep every gum wrapper if I let him). Anyway... once he explained his tears I was tired and maybe a little cranky and told him that was kind of a silly thing to cry about and to go to his room if he wanted to keep crying about something like that because there were other kids starving in the world. He went off and finally calmed down and I pretty much forgot about it. In the morning I was making breakfast and Isaac came down all excited and told me the tooth fairy had come and she even left a note! I knew a certain tooth fairy had completely forgotten about the tooth drama so I asked to see the note. Sweet little Lucy had gotten together with Esther and used her money to give him a dollar and also write a note to him telling him of course he could keep the tooth. I was impressed with her thoughtfulness to her brother but also wishing he would have learned that he can't have everything wants but let it go for this one time. :) Kids are fun and funny. Nuff said.
No comments:
Post a Comment