Much of the humor in my day to day life comes from Esther. She is constantly making me laugh. For example, the other day when I was trying to get her to go potty before breakfast (which is a rule but somehow always a battle) she told me, "President Hinckley (our prophet) doesn't want me to go potty." REALLY???? Where did she get that--I just don't know.
Esther has a lot of fears. I think I've mentioned some before because she is so dramatic they are a big part of our lives. She screams at spiders, flies, bark in her sandals, water in her eyes, and CRIES when the vacuum comes out. Lately, she has been a little better about the vacuum but yesterday when I got it out she told me about ten times: "Don't vacuum me, okay mommy? And don't vacuum the chair (where she was going to hide out from the vacuum)." The last time she repeated this request she added, "I might die." I just laughed which probably isn't the best thing to do when your toddler is telling you very seriously about something you must do to avoid her premature death. Vacuums equal death. The mind of an almost three year-old is fascinating.
No comments:
Post a Comment