Pages

Monday, November 05, 2007

"Sickie"

It all started on Sunday when Esther didn't want to go to nursery so we knew something was wrong. I took her home since John had to teach. A couple hours later she had a huge explosion from her mouth. I called John to see if he was on his way home from church since it was getting difficult to clean Esther up and try and keep Lucy from crawling through the debris at the same time. When I hung up after talking to John Esther said, "Did you tell Daddy about my big barf?" It was so cute that she wanted him to know. So I think we have a little stomach bug at our house--at least all the girls do. Esther just calls it "sickie". Lucy decided to wake up last night in the middle of the night for a couple of hours--I don't know if it was her tummy, or teething, or what. She acted fine once we went downstairs and she just crawled around playing while I sat there wishing I was snoozing in my soft bed. When I finally got Lucy to sleep I only had a few hours till Esther I thought Esther was getting better but then this morning at 5 we heard her call out "Daddy? Daddy?" She was sitting on the opposite side of the room from her bed and just pointed when Daddy came in and said, "I barfed." Fortunately, there was no more of that the rest of the day. Hopefully tomorrow we won't be so "sickie."

1 comment:

Heidi Openshaw said...

Your poor little darlings! It is horrible to be sick. I feel so bad for your sweet ones. I could just picture all the chaos. Kate you are the woman. I cannot imagine having two little Macies at all times to care for. You're awesome!