Yesterday was Esther's 3rd birthday. I can't believe I gave birth to a child three years ago. Time has gone by too fast. In the morning when she first woke up, due to a coughing episode, I quietly said to her, "Happy Birthday Esther!" She quietly said back, "Happy Birthday Mommy." I don't think she quite understands the birthday concept--with it being so close to Christmas she has just carried over the Merry Christmas type greeting to her birthday. She was telling everyone happy birthday all day. Both events probably seem pretty similar in her head since for both there is cake and presents. Anyway, we had a great day hanging out, trying out Esther's new Dora tricycle, shopping at Costco, and having a little birthday party. Uncle Stu and Auntie Beth, Walker, Drew and our friends Blake and Yanery came to the minor festivities. We had a lovely asian dinner ( I convinced Esther that potstickers would be sooooooooo yummy for her birthday dinner) and then we watched Esther open her presents (involving lots of Dora gifts) and then we had very pink birthday cake. Lucy had a pink cake for her birthday so Esther was insistent that she have a pink birthday cake as well, not to mention the fact that pink is her favorite color. She also insisted on buying pink sprinkles to go on top which she called "pink salt." She helped mommy decorate the cake... lets just say it's not our best work. Also, thanks to Auntie Esther for the pink tutu and crown--Esther insisted on wearing it immediately and it was perfect for birthday pictures. We gave Esther this little play laptop that has letter and number games on it. When it was time to go to church today she said, "Just a minute, I have to check my email." Hmmm... I wonder where she got that. I can't get enough of my little girl, my three year-old princess.



8 comments:
kate! how did you find my blog!! hooray!!! joni here if you didn't know...
love it! can't wait to keep up on your blog! it is always so great to see you!
Kate I love how she told you happy birthday back. That is priceless. She looks more and more like you everyday. What a pretty girl!
kate i can't get over how much little esther looks like you. too cute. what a fun birthday party.
She's beautiful - just like her Mommy! I would love to see a picture of you with the tiara on, Katie. Maybe you could humor us? :)
Cute new blog Kate! Ok i am so embarrassed I just found a sealed thank you note meant for you for the great gift you gave Tate, that I haven't sent yet cause I don't have your address. Will you please email me your address? jadegibb@gmail.com Love you
Wow! I had so much to catch up on. You have had so much going on lately. I of course, like always, laughed my head off again. My favorite story was the section about Esther's Dora Panties. Wow! She is hilarious! I am so glad you had a wonderful holiday, and it was so very fun to see you.
Esther cracks me up! I know I tell you that everytime, but she really does. I loved the dora panties story. I was laughing so hard. How fun to have a darling little one around who is just so cute. It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. Yea! I am glad to hear you received your Vitamix. Let me know what you think of it. I am also glad that John did a good job this year. Way to go John! I love you kate, and it was so good to see you during the Holidays.
The photos turned out soooo cute. I'm sure Auntie Esther would love to see her tutu and tiara being adored by "little" Esther. I hope her horrible cough gets better soon...poor thing.
Post a Comment