Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2009

A Girl Name and a Diaper Change

Esther told our neighbor today that if our baby was a girl we were going to name her Flower Watermelon. Wow. At least it's unique and original. She has gone from wanting a baby brother to really wanting a baby sister. We'll see...

Tonight as I was making dinner Esther came in and nonchalantly told me that Lucy was soggy so she changed her diaper. At first I was just half ignoring her and nodded my head but then I said, "What???? You changed Lucy's diaper." Esther said, "Yeah, and I wiped her too. She laughed when I wiped her, and then Lucy wiped herself too." When I finally got around to checking her diaper she had actually done a pretty decent job. Little girls are such adorable little mommies.

7 comments:

April said...

Carmen loves changing diapers as well. She does a good job herself. I love the baby name. Let's hope for a girl just for the sake of the name!

Rachel said...

That is hilarious! Kids say (& do) the funniest things. Hope you're feeling well and getting settled.

b.liz said...

Add that one to Esther's long list of creative names (Pink Rose anyone?). I can't wait to hear her boy name!

cori said...

Love it!

Esther is such a little Mommy! She has the sweetest nurturing nature. All your children will be blessed by your oldest. And so will you!

Jacob and Jodi said...

I really missed Esther is class yesterday, she always says the cutest things. You guys will be missed, but it sure is great when you can be close to family. Good luck with all the unpacking.

Heidi Openshaw said...

Kate are you here in Utah? Have you moved in and everything? When can Mace and I come and see you and your darling girls? Way to be a super mom Esther. How nice for you to have a good little helper.

Unknown said...

I think you should teach all your kids to change each others' diapers. Then you would never have to change diapers.