Pages

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Monday Monday

For some reason Mondays are generally long and arduous. Yesterday, was no exception, especially since it was the day after our long vacation. I had unpacking to do, laundry, bills, emails, and on top of it all my internet stopped working. I called Comcast to get some tech support and they told me I had a bad router and the only fix was to buy a new router through them for only 100 dollars (the only was sarcastic by the way). Then, we got a bad letter in the mail about an insurance issue we've been dealing with in California. Nothing is more frustrating then trying to work out issues with insurance companies. Oh, and Lucy was in tornado mode which means I could not possibly keep up with her trail of toys all over the house. By the time John got home I was a bit frazzled. So I made our green drinks and then got started on dinner. I turn around hearing John exclaim, "Oh, man..." and I see that Esther has spilled her drink all over the back of our couch and on the carpet. This is bad because this green drink was actually filled with blueberries making it more purple and staining, then just green. It was a huge disaster. Fortunately, our couch is washable and John got to work on the carpet. We finally got everything taken care of and then sat down to dinner. Not two minutes into dinner, Esther manages to dump her entire plate of beans on the ground. I just had to laugh, it was unbelieveable. We made her clean up all the beans and then John wiped up the residue. And it doesn't end there. At 10 P.M., we are just about ready for bed when we hear Esther coughing like she's got something in her throat. Turns out she had thrown up, all over he sheets. I cleaned up Esther and John took on the tough job of cleaning up the vomit. I'm so glad to have a good partner who just gets to work and doesn't complain or make me do it all. A few hours later, Esther threw up one more time, but she made it to the cup we put out for her. Talk about a long Monday... So glad it's over.

3 comments:

Janine said...

Wow! What an endless cleaning day!

Love the vacation pics. I think the funniest thing was watching Lucy in the hot tub.

b.liz said...

Um...gross. Too bad she wasn't throwing up roses!

*** said...

Kate, incredible day. I love reading what you write, you make me laugh! I'm so glad John was there to help with all the messes of the day! What a fun vacation! You deserved to relax in the suits and enjoy that glorious sun and water!