Sunday, July 12, 2009
What a princess doesn't do...
On Friday night, about an hour before John and I were supposed to head out to my ten year reunion, Lucy threw up in her bedroom on the carpet. John wasn't home yet from work so it was all up to me. I put Lucy in the tub after rinsing off the bigger chunks (sorry for being overly graphic--my mommy job is just that sometimes--graphic) then I went to clean up the carpet. I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing the vomit out of the carpet and watching Lucy in the tub out of the corner of my eye. Esther is sitting on the bed watching me in her pretty pink dress (when Mommy got dressed up Esther had to put on her fanciest dress), and then out of the blue Esther says to me, "A princess never has to clean up barf." I have no idea where she learned that false information and it really made me laugh... later when I was done with the huge mess and smell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh wow, you definitely lead an exciting life! I look up to you and mom's everywhere for the amazing task of cleaning up after children. The love that takes is truly inspiring!
esther and lucy are pretty funny! i was laughing about marrying the GPS. though, i bet cinderella had to clean up vomit. maybe not after she got married. i hope your reunion was fun!
Dude...I laughed so hard I just barfed a little bit...
isn't being a mom the best. I love bodily fluids.
Scrubbing barf on hands and knees!?!? That is just soooo beneath her!
She is truly a princess at heart.
Post a Comment