Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

It's a BOY!!!

Sorry it's taken me so long--I forget how much I want to just sleep after giving birth and about how much time it takes to care for a newborn. A huge thanks to my parents for taking the girls to Bear Lake for a few days--recovery is going so smoothly-one child is easy!
So... on Friday I was miserable. I took the girls to the Davis County Fair and it was SO hot and I was exhausted after only two hours. By the end of the day I had a little meltdown because I was pregnant and emotional, and still pregnant. We put the girls to bed and started watching a movie. Half-way through I decided to get up and have some cold cereal (my favorite snack) and I didn't even make it to the pantry when my water broke (around 9 PM). We called my family to come to watch the girls and headed up to the hospital. Five hours later and after enduring much more natural labor then ever desired (the anesthesiologist was with another patient so I had to WAIT!) we had a baby boy!!! John said it was the best date night ever--of course he's VERY happy as you all know, to have his boy--Isaac John Thompson. He was 8 lbs 5 oz, 19.5 inches long, and a very good surprise. Here are some pics finally!

Here's Isaac after his bath looking very much like Lucy with his litte pouty lips.

Here's our family of five! Wow, that is weird.

My sister was there for the delivery experience--it was fun to have her there and we were glad none of her worries occurred--throwing up and passing out.

The proud Daddy with his son--so cute!

The even prouder sister--Esther cannot get enough of this little guy--she wants to hold him ALL the time. Lucy is a little more wary of him.

The girls holding Isaac for the first time--the two little mommies.

The mommy looking a little thrashed but ready to take baby Isaac home.


Baby Isaac in his new swing and in one of his few baby boy pajamas (obviously we have some shopping to do after having two girls--we can't be putting Isaac in pink!)

We are so excited to have this little baby boy in our family-it really was the best date night ever!

26 comments:

Lehis said...

Congrats you guys! Over 8lbs! Good for you!! He looks so sweet, it makes me soooo excited to have ours. You will have SO MUCH fun with a little boy! Aaron is especially bummed... we would have been in Utah when you had him and we could have come to see you in the hospital. Hope the recovery goes well, take it easy and take advantage of your family close by, I'm sure they are more than willing to help out! Congrats again. What a fun surprise! Maybe we'll have to try it next time... maybe. I think I should find out and not tell Aaron. That would be fun!

The Drinkwater Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is adorable! We are so happy for you guys to have your little boy! Maybe we'll have the same luck and get a girl next time. Third times a charm right?

Brooke Engstrom said...

Yay!!!! Baby Issac looks super cute of course! Oh and I love the pajamas from his Auntie Brooke! Can't wait to meet him and katie you look fantastic!

Wendy said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you and you look way too good in all those pictures to have just had a baby. I'm jealous!!!!

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome Katie! Congratulations! :)

April said...

YEAH!!!!!!! Congratulations. What a great surprise! David is very jealous. Good luck with the transition to three kiddos. It really is a lot of fun, but a lot of work. You're lucky your family is close by. Happy recovery!

R. Patton said...

wahoooooooooooooooo! So happy for you guys! You look beautiful, Katie. John looks proud. Isaac is a doll (in the most masculine way possible). Congratulations to the new family of five!

Jennifer said...

Katie, What a wonderful surprise! Isaac is adorable and you look amazing. Tell your family hi and congratulations!!!

Jacob and Jodi said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting for you guys to experience a boy now. You look great. I don't think that I could ever post a pic of me that soon after delivery.

adamanderinclark said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you. I am starting to wish I were done. We didn't want to find out what we are having but the tech. Slipped. I'm still upset about it. The worst part is Adam won't let me tell him. It's killing me. We'll look you up next time we are in ut. We would love to meet Issac. It would be great to see you guys too.

Collette said...

Congratulations! He's adorable! You two will LOVE having a boy! What a wonderful surprise! We just got our girl which was a big surprise for us! SO so Fun!

Sara and Dustin said...

John got his boy!! I'm thrilled for you guys. Congratulations! Although, I am a little miffed that you guys just happen to choose our favorite names :) I think it would be a little weird if we named all of our children the same! Regardless, he is adorable and I'm so happy for you guys.

Flora said...

We are thrilled for you and John! Little Isaac is a beautiful baby! Well done! We love you!

b.liz said...

Ohmygosh...he is so ridiculously adorable. It breaks my heart that I can't be there to cuddle him! Congratulations, beautiful Momma!

cori said...

YEAH!!!! I can't believe you are a family of 5 now! Wow! Time travels too fast. I can't wait to meet this handsome little boy. You guys all look so peaceful and happy. Love to all!

Heidi Openshaw said...

Hooray! He's a big boy! Those cheeks of his look delicous. I'm so glad you got your boy. I love that you're all so in love with the little babe. I cannot wait for mine to arrive! You look wonderful Kate! Congrats! We need to come see him soon.

Katie and Joel said...

Congrats on your baby boy! You and Issac look great!

The Cox's said...

Kate,

YAY! He's here, and you are no longer preggers. We need to get together and take the kids for a walk in the park or something soon. He's adorable!!

Glovers said...

Hooray! Congrats! Yea you got a boy. I bet you have been peed on already. You and the baby look great. Good luck with the weeks ahead. I'm glad you are all healthy and happy!

*** said...

Oh he is so wonderful, CONGRATULATIONS!!! What fun to see the handsome little guy. Your little fam of five is incredibly cute. And, Jon does look like quite the excited proud Daddy. Love little Isaac and am excited to hold the little guy!!

Beth's Blue Blog said...

That is so great! Congratulations! I think you look beautiful, too, Katie. how nice the kids were already in bed. i hope you are getting some good rest now!

Beth's Blue Blog said...

ps- what was the moment like when you found out the gender? did John get to help with the delivery?

Rachel Allen said...

Congratulations!!! He's beautiful!

littlest said...

he is awesome kate!! i must say that last pic makes him look a lot like his dad! and i can't believe you are back to blogging already. way to go girl!

Rae Lynn and Brett said...

Congrats!!!!! I am so excited for you guys. I am glad that everything went well and he is a beautiful healthy boy. It really gives me hope that I still can have a girl. Iam so exciterd ysll had a boy they are so fun...

Lisa Thompson said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to meet him.