Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

December Highlights and Lowlights

I guess I should start with the lowlights of the month:

-cold and lots of snow (especially driving in it)
-our garage stopped working
-still haven't found a coat
-major problems with static for Thompson girls' hair
-since telling Esther about Santa's "coal" policy she is frequently telling Lucy to do things or she's only going to get a rock or coal for Christmas.
-losing my camera cord (subsequently no pics)
-the snow--yes I mentioned it twice


Now the good stuff which fortunately there is a lot more!

-building a snowman with the girls (unfortunately it melted before we could get a picture)
-Isaac's new fascination with his tongue
-Winning $45 dollars to Target at John's work party (pretty awesome for people who never win things)
-Esther asking last night if Santa was going to come while she was "peeing" (sometimes at night she gets up to use the restroom)
-Lucy asking if Santa was going to "barf" since he lives so far away and has to travel so long (yes, she still LOVES to talk about barf)
-Having a neighborhood food drive instead of neighbor gifts
-Going to my cousin's basketball game (she plays for Weber)--the girls got pom-poms and LOVED every second of it!
-Listening to Christmas music (always a favorite)
-Shopping for Christmas gifts for the girls (much to John's dismay)
-Eating candy cane hershey kisses or drinking hot chocolate floats (hot chocolate with peppermint ice cream--yummmm)
-Lucy wanting to wear a cat ears headband everywhere!
-Making sugar cookies and decorating them as a family
-Esther looking for chimneys on all the houses as we drive around and asking endless questions about Christmas, Santa, Jesus, and anything else on her mind

This whole month has to be my favorite time of year!!!

2 comments:

Heidi Openshaw said...

Love it! I'm so glad you posted. Yea! I really look forward to reading your blog becuase it's so very entertaining. How frustrating to lose your camera cord. You must find it soon. You have to post Christmas pictures!!!

Danelle said...

Katie I love your posts! You crack me up! We miss your family.