Important events of the month:
-Visit from the Lehikoinens-our friends from California. It was SO GREAT to see them and we had so much fun hanging out and catching up. We even played a couple games just like the old days! We sure wish they lived closer. Maybe some day...
We were sad to see them go.
-Thanksgiving, of course. Sadly, no pictures of our feast and festivities. Let's just say there was an abundance of great food including three Pioneer Woman pies. Yum. We also mastered one huge 1000 piece puzzle and drew our thankful pictures that my mom has had us do every year since we were little. Esther drew a picture of herself and we decided we were just glad she has a good self-image even though it was slightly narcissistic. Lucy was grateful for bunnies. What would the world be without bunnies? John and I both drew a picture of our house. We are so blessed!
-Black Friday shopping with my team--yes we have a team. I don't think I could or would ever brave the crowds and lines by myself. I am definitely not a crowd or a line person, but with my friends we are amazingly efficient. We got some good deals and had a good time in the freezing cold and densely populated stores. Breakfast at Mimi's was great too!
-Zollinger basketball game. When my mom's family is in town the competition is on. If I'm being honest, I would rather watch then participate but with two family members out on missions I was obligated to join the Hess team. We did pretty well though I didn't contribute much. I was too scared for my life to even go for a rebound--let's just say there are a lot of tall, strong, athletic, aggresive boys in the Zollinger family. I still had a good time and it was fun to see everyone and do some running around.
We did a few other things over the weekend like watch my cousin's basketball game at Weber state and watch BYU crash and burn to Utah. John is still recovering from that but I think he'll be okay. I just loved the holidays--the family, food, friends, and lots of fun.
Next up, December.



1 comment:
You're back! Yea! You've been up to a whole lot woman. I love the Lucy story about the Drummer Boy song. Macie just doesn't like the song at all and she has no reason why. I totally agree with the Christmas tree thing. The bottom half of the tree is empty and the top half of the tree is empty because it's way too tall to decorate, therefore it's plain. I'm bummed you can't make it to the friend party. We'll miss ya!
Post a Comment