Pages

Friday, August 05, 2011

Sweetness

Last night I told my girls we had a lot to do and I would really need their help in the morning to get cleaned up.  I tucked them in and went downstairs to clean up my kitchen.  It took me a while but when I went upstairs I heard scurrying footsteps and so I checked on the girls.  They were in their beds but they had little sneaky smiles on their faces.  They said, "Mom we have a present for you...  we cleaned the toy room and our room!"  I was overwhelmed with their love and kindness.  They even wrote a nice note that said "We luve you mom!"  I told them to get to bed and went downstairs again to finish some things.  When I heard more scurrying I went up again and this time they have folded all the laundry on my bed and put it away.  I may never find some of those clothes again but I was still happy for the second "present."  I hope that I can be a better example of compassion and sweetness like them.

2 comments:

cori said...

wow! what beautiful, serving hearts. You and John are doing a wonderful job being that example to them! What great parents you are.

Heidi Openshaw said...

What perfect little girls.