Monday, March 18, 2013
Lucy fears bugs
Yesterday we were at my Dad's house for dinner. Suddenly we heard Lucy screaming bloody murder from the bathroom. I couldn't imagine how she could have injured herself in the bathroom and John and I both ran to the door. It was locked. We asked what was wrong. She screamed back, "THERE'S A SPIDER BY THE DOOR!!!!" As soon as I heard spider I backed away and let John handle it. I'm not very patient with her bug fears. He tried to coax her to come unlock it but that was not going to happen. Good thing Uncle Lige was in town--he knew how to remove the very old fashioned door handle so we could unlock it and get her out. When John went in he couldn't even see a spider any more but she was still not willing to come and unlock it. It was pretty humorous. It's not the first time its happened either--she wouldn't come downstairs the other day because of a tiny black spider on the stairs--I needed to go somewhere and she was hysterically crying and wouldn't come down until I went half way up the stairs and held her hand through the possible spider area. Once again, I was unable to find the spider she was talking about. I'm not sure how to go about helping her overcome her great fear. She's also very scared of mosquitos, moths, ants, and any small bug except for roly poly's. It's going to be a long spring and summer with that girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have your very own Little Monk!
Post a Comment