One year ago today I lost my beautiful mother. I can't believe I survived a year without her. There were so many times I wanted to talk to her and I would almost forget she wasn't there anymore for me to just call. I really missed her so many days this past year... holidays, when we lost Iris, when we buried Iris, when I burned my feet and could barely walk, Esther's piano recitals, the kids soccer games, the Saturdays when John was in school, Sunday night dinners, my birthday, my kids birthdays, did I mention holidays? My mom made everything so much happier and brighter and this past year has just been a little more gray without her presence. She was one of my best friends, the best listener, and the best counselor. There is still a big hole in my life where she used to be. My mom was an amazing grandma--she took the time to teach my kids, read to them, play with them, and even to have them work with her-it was still all play to them. My mom was an anchor in my life and without her I've felt somewhat adrift. The grace of God has helped me survive this past year and still be able to feel gratitude and peace. But I know I will still miss my mom for the rest of my life. Love you forever Mom.
Monday, July 01, 2013
One Year Grieving
One year ago today I lost my beautiful mother. I can't believe I survived a year without her. There were so many times I wanted to talk to her and I would almost forget she wasn't there anymore for me to just call. I really missed her so many days this past year... holidays, when we lost Iris, when we buried Iris, when I burned my feet and could barely walk, Esther's piano recitals, the kids soccer games, the Saturdays when John was in school, Sunday night dinners, my birthday, my kids birthdays, did I mention holidays? My mom made everything so much happier and brighter and this past year has just been a little more gray without her presence. She was one of my best friends, the best listener, and the best counselor. There is still a big hole in my life where she used to be. My mom was an amazing grandma--she took the time to teach my kids, read to them, play with them, and even to have them work with her-it was still all play to them. My mom was an anchor in my life and without her I've felt somewhat adrift. The grace of God has helped me survive this past year and still be able to feel gratitude and peace. But I know I will still miss my mom for the rest of my life. Love you forever Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That was so beautifully written Kate. You made me cry. I'm glad the sun is shining today and hope you can feel your mom's love today.
Love you lots!
Written so well, I feel the exact same way.
I so wish we lived closer sweet friend. I think about you all the time and I am so sorry for your losses. I can't even imagine what thats like and you are so incredibly strong. You two were our besties and we miss you!!! Come back to Cali please!!!
ps i am terrible at blogging
Post a Comment