Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Kiddos

I really love Easter.  Not just because they kids wear cute new Sunday clothes.  It is such a hopeful holiday as we reflect on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and the hope that brings us in our lives.  I always think a lot about my mom, brother and Iris.  They all experienced bodies that broke down or had huge flaws and some day their spirit will be reunited with their body and they will be perfect.  They will never be so sick or broken again.  I can't wait to see them that way.   In Primary I told the kids about my brother Sam and how he LOVED basketball and he was always training and practicing and trying to be better.  I would go for runs with him occasionally (and unwillingly) and I was so much slower he would run in front of me, backwards, encouraging me to keep running.  After his mission he got cancer and it started breaking down his very fit body.  He couldn't breathe very well, he lost his hair, his legs just gave out on him sometimes.  And eventually the cancer took his life.  But someday I know he will be playing basketball again and running circles around me.  I am so thankful for Jesus.  I will love him FOREVER for giving me this eternal hope and also these amazing kids and my best friend John.  I have a very good life. 







No comments: