Wes has always been our busiest little guy. He climbs, gets into all things he shouldn't, opens all unlocked cabinets and doors, etc... He just has a knack for finding trouble. For a long time he has been able to open the fridge and will even drag chairs over so he can reach high in the fridge for a yogurt. The other day he brought a bowl of rice and spoon upstairs from the fridge and thought he would have some "oatmeal." I went and found him the real oatmeal and he ate the whole bowl straight cold. Wes is at least very good at apologizing. When he gets in trouble he quickly says "Sorry Mom." For example, every time he decides to write on himself or the table he will retort, "Sorry Mom... just on paper??" Yes Wes. Just on paper! Not on skin, tables, or walls. One of the worst bits of trouble that Wes has found is dragging a chair to the medicine cabinet (which is usually locked), finding the childrens ibuprofen and drinking a large medicine cup of it (at least 2.5 tablespoons!!) I was so worried and mad and of course had to call poison control for the second time in his life. Fortunately, he was in no danger and survived the incident. The poison control guy told me to avoid giving him any ibuprofen for pain or fever in the next 24 hours. Right.. I will definitely steer clear from additional ibuprofen. Then after it all happened and things calmed down Esther said.. "Mom, did you know you swore twice during that?" Yes, Esther. I am sorry... sometimes during extreme duress a small dammit or two might come out. That girl has a very strong moral compass. I'm glad she is a really good kid with a good heart. But some day she will probably understand how a swear might some out when you think your child has poisoned themselves and it's mostly your fault for not watching them like a hawk all the time. Sigh.. Anyway.. Wes keeps us on our toes and keeps us laughing. He is hilarious. He knows when I'm mad and he asks me in a funny growly mad voice, "So mad??? So mad???" I sure love that kid and I'm so glad he is still alive. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment