Peek-
a-Boo!
She really gets into it!!!
I really can't believe how big she's getting. She tries to do everything Esther does and has even started imitating words. She has her own little vocabulary with words that are important to her like baby (she LOVES baby dolls), eyes, belly button, outside, shoes, socks, and Amen. The reality is that when these words come out of her mouth they can only be heard by the very trained ear. Lucy's little girl passion is shoes. Any kind, any where. If I leave the coat closet open inevitably all the shoes will be pulled out and tried on. The sparkly princess ones are her favorite but she'll even try to maneuver John's old brown dirty work shoes. While she loves shoes, and socks with shoes, she absolutely hates wearing socks by themselves. She will whine and pull at them until she gets them off or I help her get them off. I love her quirks! The one thing drives us crazy is her obsession with the garbage. Sometimes I'm not sure why we buy toys when really a kid could be happy for days with a garbage can and various fun garbage like paper, gum wrappers, tin foil, and paper towel rolls. We really need to curb Lucy's garbage fascination.
Lastly, a sad story from yesterday. Lucy is always bonking her head but yesterday at church was the first that broke the skin. It happened right during Sacrament meeting as her head collided with the corner of the wooden shelf that holds the hymn books. Who knew sitting in church could be so dangerous! I almost thought she would need stitches but my friend, who is a nurse, thought a butterfly bandage would do the trick. This picture doesn't do it justice but she's got a nice shiner and I just hope there's not too much scarring.

Of course she's still smiling, just like she was five minutes after it happened.


2 comments:
Hey Katie! Sorry to see that Lucy got hurt. I talked to Rosmery and she said she was concerned about it. I hope everything will heal up great. I love Lucy!
Ohmygosh...poor Goosey! She is such a happy little thing that a black eye and facial wound won't keep her down. As you know, my poor kids have multiple scars on their little faces...but none from a church pew. That's a first.
Post a Comment