Saturday, April 12, 2008
A run of bad dreams...
I think I mentioned before about Esther's bad dream about the grasshopper. Well, we have now had the full range of bad bug dreams the past two weeks. We've gone through ants, spiders, grasshoppers, and butterflies... yes that's right butterflies. When Esther wakes ups crying in the middle of the night she is quite certain these bugs are actually in her room. I try to calm her down and assure her but John is the only one who can get her to go back to sleep. He'll even turn on the light and give the blankets and the room a good bug search to reassure her. So now I just send him in when I hear Esther crying because he is is the best "bad bug dream" buster. I remember being scared of spiders when I was younger but I didn't think it started as young as three years old. We're not sure what to do to help her get over her bug fears, and even butterfly fears. I thought every kid liked butterflies!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kyle's afraid of butterflies too!!
at least it is butterflies! will once had a couple of dreams where i was eaten by a backhoe....he woke up screaming a couple of times because of this certain dream. i felt so bad for him...how scary to see a back hoe eating mom!
Post a Comment