1. On Sunday morning at 5 AM Lucy started crying. I went in to console her and see if I could get her back to sleep. I go to stroke her head and I feel that her hair is damp. I immediately turn on the light and as my eyes adjust and my nose starts to tingle I realize there is vomit all over Lucy and all over her crib and the 10 babies and animals that sleep with her. What a great morning suprise. We ended up throwing 3 babies in the garbage since babies don't come out of the washer so well. We even had to wash Lucy twice to get her to stop smelling like vomit. She even had a little rash on her cheeks because I think she slept in her stomach acids for a little bit. Fortunately, this was a one time occurence and only happened because she coughed really hard, or maybe she just ate too much junk on the airplane.
2. Last night we went to Costco to replenish our food supply and decided to grab a Caesar salad and soup for dinner. After we got home, sat down, and started munching on our salad something suddenly tasted really strange. I decided to spit the salad out, (I wouldn't usually do this but it tasted REALLY OFF) and there amidst the chewed salad bits was the weirdest looking bug I've seen in a long time. As soon as I saw the bug I had to spit a few more times to make sure that all bug remnants were out of my mouth. And yes, there was an extra bug leg hanging out in my mouth. SO FREAKING DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!! We decided we couldn't eat any more bug infested salad and today I returned it to Costco, bug and all, for a full refund. John thought it was pretty amusing and kept trying to lighten my mood by telling me I was just like Bear Gryllis--on Man vs. Wild--he eats all sorts of bugs, animals, and gross things. I did not feel any better and I don't think I'll be able to eat Caesar salad for a while.
6 comments:
Oh, so sick. I may not be able to eat Caesar salad anymore either. And I love that Costco salad...or I should say, I did love it.
Plus, your Esther on the plane story is too funny - because we've all been there at some point. I also love how after sitting on the already landed plane for so long, followed by the long walk carrying a kid, you end up so sweaty and gross. At least I do.
OH MY GOSH KATIE!!! That is SOOO disgusting! Ewwww! I'm gagging just reading it. You are a brave, brave woman. I guess if Bear ever needs an assistant you should try out for the job! Seems like you can handle it pretty well (at least you don't throw up bugs!). :)
Ohmygosh...disgusting!!!
That is so gross!!! It made my stomach turn just reading it.
Oh Gross! I don't think I will be able to eat Caesar salad either! One time I was eating a bean burrito from taco time and I tasted something cinnamon. I spit it out only to find a piece of chewed up cinnamon gum!!! I have yet to eat another burrito from taco time. Coming home for Christmas? Can we get together?
Oh Kate, so good to finally catch up. You always make me laugh out loud when I read your funny posts. I hate the flu for kids, so nasty. We had a bad 4 days of it, too close to home :). AND OH MY GOODNESSSSSSS, that is so freaking disgusting about the enormous bug, seriously so disgusting. John's comment about Bear is hilarious, Tim would have said the same. Why are guys so obsessed with that show?!?! I would have loved to be the customer service person when you went for your refund, ha!
Post a Comment