Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgivin'


I feel like I shouldn't skip over blogging about Thanksgiving even though in our consumer's world it is largely overlooked--it's pretty much overshadowed by Black Friday. Still, it's hard to say too much about it--we cook, we eat too much, and we sit on the couch and watch football, or sit on the couch while the boys watch football. Actually..., it was a really fun day. I love cooking with family and friends. I love eating with family and friends. I love hanging out with family and friends. Sorry this post is starting to get a little redundant and weird. We got to have Kathleen, John's Mom, for the whole week of Thanksgiving (she is an amazing cook so that was a huge bonus). She came to help Beth and Stu who just had baby #3--Flora Kate. She is ADORABLE. I can't remember if I promised Beth not to post this picture because she was embarrassed about her nightgown but I think she looks great as always. I had to have a record of my first meeting with the great Flora Kate. It's really fun to live so close to these guys(She was born Nov. 12, not on Thanksgiving but I'm a little behind). I could snuggle baby Flora all day.
My sister also came out for Thanksgiving although she spent half her time with a significant other, which is great. Any time I get to hang out with her is fantastic. She's one of my best friends and we had a some good times. We hit the Twilight movie which was... below average but still fun to watch.

This year was especially fun because the Kathleen cracked her whip and got those boys helping in the kitchen. Actually, they were happy to help and it made it even more enjoyable to all work together. Thanks to Kathleen for putting together such a delicious dinner and desserts (yes--the plural). I think I gained four pounds last week while she was here. I love this time of the year with Thanksgiving and then December almost feels like a nonstop holiday with all the family, friends, food, and celebrating. Then there's Christmas... my favorite.

ps. yes I only got a few pictures of the whole Thanksgiving week--pretty pathetic. I must have been too busy eating to gain my four pounds... ha ha ha.

3 comments:

cori said...

a whole 4 lbs., huh?!

you silly girl...you are looking great!

Janine said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun. I wish you could come up here this Christmas - I wish we could see more of you.

Flora said...

Fabulous photos! Thanks for sharing! Beth has been a little too busy post any updates on her blog, so I am grateful. Love the photo of Lucy with her beautiful wax Santa. What a crack up!