If I could pick a theme for the week this would be it: Grumpy Kangaroo and Presents for Pink Flower. Lucy is currently obsessed with a big stuffed kangaroo--she switches passions frequently. The wax Santa is history. The poor kangaroo is always "cwying" or "gumpy," according to Lucy. I'm not sure why the kangaroo is never content. It's cute to see her loving on her babies and animals. She brings the kangaroo to me several times every day and wants me to wrap it tight in her softie.
Esther this week, with Christmas approaching, is OBSESSED with wrapping presents. Her white doggie's name right now is "Pink Rose" so every day she wants me to find things she can wrap for Pink Rose. It was cute at first but now that she's used a whole roll of tape and there are constant bits of wrapping paper and tissue paper strewn throughout my house, it's getting less adorable. I try to have her help any time I have anything to wrap but she still is quite focused on present wrapping.
December is flying by and I can't believe I'm leaving for Utah in five days. We've already been busy with lots of Christmas events. At our ward Christmas party, Esther got to sit on Santa's lap. She LOVED it and told him she wants a scooter (although that night she got pretty worried when she realized she forgot to tell Santa that she also wants a pink doggie). Lucy also sat on Santa's lap and HATED it. She immediately started crying and reaching for Daddy. It should make for a great kodak moment.
One reason I probably really love December is all the sweets and treats we get to eat. I think Esther has noticed because several times this week she has asked me the ponderous question: "Mommy, why are treats so yummy?" Or, "Mommy, why is cake so yummy?" I guess she shares her mommy's passion for December goodies. Like I said, I love Christmas time!
3 comments:
What a coincidence!!! We bought Esther a pink doggie for Christmas! :) Santa knows all things!
HILARIOUS!! I haven't wrapped a single present! I'm totally behind. It's nice to have a little wrapping helper isn't it? Okay, not really. Your girls are so funny. I love reading about them. I need to see you while you're in Farmington!!
Kate, love the card. You have such beautiful family, wow! Are you going to be in Ut for Christmas??
Post a Comment