Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmas Family Night

For family night we put up our Christmas decorations after a great lesson on sharing from John. Esther was so excited to put the Christmas tree up she almost imploded. She actually did a really good job with the decorating. Lucy, on the other hand, was throwing ornaments as soon as the box was opened. I guess they are shaped like balls and what do we do with balls but throw them? Lucy was especially delighted with our reindeer that dances to rockin' Christmas music. It's funny because when Esther was her age, the delight was mostly overshadowed with FEAR of the dancing reindeer. It's funny to see how their personalities differ.




Today, Lucy has been particularly taken with my Santa candle. She will not stop picking it up, hugging it, and kissing it. It makes me laugh every time because it's not even the most jolly or snugly Santa--it's a big reddish-brownish lump of wax--but she can't stop loving on it. I even heard her say, "He's so cute!" I don't know if the poor Santa candle will survive the season.

1 comment:

Heidi Openshaw said...

Little Lucy and Mace have this Santa fascination in common. Macie is in love with my little mini Santa. The other day she walked up to him and said, "Don't worry Santa. It will be okay. It's alright." I don't know what was happening in Santa's life to cause such trauma, but Macie happily took care of him. Kids are the best aren't they?