I'm sure most moms always think, "Wow," every time their oldest child turns another year old. I definitely can't believe I have a four year-old. Esther has been asking about her birthday for weeks so I felt a bit of relief when it finally arrived. We actually celebrated it on Sunday night so for family convenience although it caused some confusion on Monday when Esther kept asking who was coming for her birthday (answer--no one). We still made if fun by doing an outing--to the carousel at the mall. It was a huge hit for both girls. Lucy was squealing before we even made it in the doors.
Back to Esther--she is still my sweet cautious girl. She hates to be alone and still requests some one (usually Lucy gets selected or persuaded) to be with her if she has to go upstairs or downstairs by herself. She loves anything pink, sparkly, princess, or girly. Esther loves to dance around the house in her ballet outfit. One of Esther's favorite things to play is house--she always tells me to be the "mommy" and I always say, "I'm already the mommy!" She still loves her white and brown doggies best of all her toys, although the princess ballerina doll and pink doggies are not far behind. She is a great big sister and always watches out for Lucy. Today she even told me that I needed to say sorry to Lucy (although it was the other way around--Lucy owed me the apology). Esther loves to have "tickle parties" and "dance parties" so there's never a dull moment at our house. It's been four amazing years having her in our home.
This is Esther in her new pink dress with her new pink basketball--she can't wait to go to basketball with Daddy on Saturday!
Here's the new princess leotard. She's worn it ten times already. She loves her new ballet shoes too--thank you Grandma and Papa Hess!
Check out another fancy cake from the Thompson Bakery. We should go pro. This was exactly the cake Esther wanted--a pink cake with a big 4 on it. She wanted pink sprinkles too but I couldn't find them at the last minute. I love her sly smile!
Here the girls are on the carousel with John for Esther's birthday activity (we had to make up for the fact that no one was coming). The girls happily rode it one time and then we went home for a little more birthday cake and pink ice cream. We love our pink-lovin' girl.
1 comment:
I'm worn out! I cannot believe you have Christmas, then Lucy's Birthday, then Esthers. Are you kidding me? CRazy! Your cakes are wonderful! What fun Birthdays. It was so good to see you.
Post a Comment