Pages

Friday, January 09, 2009

Lucy's Birthday

Poor Lucy has her birthday two days after Christmas. Fortunately, she's still too young to realize the tragedy of a December 27th birthday so here she is all smiles. You can see we don't even try to make it too different as the wrapping paper is still the same kind from Christmas.
Lucy had a great time with eating pizza, opening presents and devouring yummy cake.



Check out that professional cake!! My talents are limitless! Ha ha ha!!

I think I have two of the silliest girls on the planet. They are always making me laugh.
Here are some things I love about Lucy:

Her constant chatter--she is a talker! She even has big words like "actuwy," (translation: actually).
She is very smart too--Lucy has a stuffed leopard and for the longest time she was calling it a tiger--I corrected her for a while and today when I called it a tiger she said, "No, it's a weapard (leopard).
How she says her name: "Wucy".
Her blond ringlets.
How she adores her big sister.
How she asks every day about Daddy and his whereabouts.
Her love for babies--she squeals for them!
How she always tells me her stuffed kangaroo is sad and crying.
How she teases--in Utah her favorite game was calling her uncles purposely by the wrong name.
She also loves to tease Esther and I will always have the image in my mind of Esther sitting, holding a basketball, and crying as her head is getting smashed into the ball because Lucy is sprawled out laying on her, smiling. She knows how to push Esther's buttons.
Lucy adds a lot of spunk and happiness to our family!

2 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

Your cake decorating is a lot like mine the week after Christmas, although you went above and beyond because you actually used non-Christmas m&m's and said a lot more! All I managed was a big "J"

Amanda said...

Hey my birthday is Dec 27! It's not so bad. I get lots of presents. Of course it is a bummer that Christmas, my birthday and New Years all happen in one week.