Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The quick fib

Yesterday I watched as Esther hit Lucy on the back because Lucy would not share a toy camera (she had two). I was pretty shocked because Esther rarely hits so I said, "Esther, you hit Lucy!" She said, "No I didn't." I said, "Yes, you did. I saw you--you better go sit in time out." Then she said, "I didn't hit her, I was burping her, like a baby." I almost believed her because she generally doesn't fib either but I remembered the look on her face and the reason for the "burping" and she was sent to time out. It was hard not to laugh but I guess we need to have a couple of talks about hitting and fibbing.

1 comment:

Gary Church said...

Hilarious ... I'm going to love having a girl ... Ryan would have never come up with the 'baby' thing. She's smart!