I mentioned that Esther and I have been watching a lot of cooking shows... so the other night when I was cooking dinner Esther asked me, "Mom, why don't you talk like Ina Garten when you're cooking?" After I had a good laugh I explained to her that nobody was filming me so I tend to just be quiet when I'm cooking. I don't know if she really understood but I thought it was so funny.
7 comments:
But you should start talking, that would be funny.
Okay, sometimes I have talked like I'm on a cooking show, at least in my head.
I love the conversations that you have with your girls. I always look forward to checking your blog, so I can catch up on the latest, darling conversations. That Esther of yours is a crack up!
Too funny! I can just see it now...John walking in and you're in the middle of narrating your food prep to the girls as they sit in rapt attention at their Mommy, their favorite new 'food channel chef'. :)
Hey - here's ANOTHER comment from me.
I wish John would get a job here and then you could live close by and our girls would be bff's and we could do our OWN cooking show - oh wait, Lisa could come up with the recipes and Beth could work the camera, because she's good at it. You could do the cooking, and I could do the talking. Then we've all shared our talents. But who would be the boss, me or Beth???
You guys should move to Long Island! Everyone talks like Ina Garten - and I'm not kidding! I'll bet you are a better cook than Ina.
Haha...I can just see you doing your own little cooking demonstration, Janine! Sometimes Walker catches me talking to myself, but for some reason never about what I'm cooking.
Katie, I think you could be the next Giada or Paula with your mad skills. I'd watch the Katie show.
Post a Comment