This week has been full of less than fun experiences.
1. Going to the DMV. When we moved to California John and I both ended going to the DMV at least four times each to finish registration and get our licenses. It was AWFUL. So when we moved here I was determined to make it in one shot. I had done all my research and gathered all my paperwork and headed over there Monday morning. I walked up to the counter and everything was going smoothly--the lady told me I had all my paperwork--and then she said I just needed to fill out this extra paper and have John sign it since his name is on the title and then bring it back. It was like she was expecting me to fail and not be able to do it the first time. Then to get my drivers license I had to go to a completely different building and complete an open book, but tricky 25 question test. It took me forever. Fortunately, the second time I went back there was no more suprise paper work and I am done with the DMV, at least for a year.
2. Getting new tires. Not only is it super expensive to get new tires but it took two and a half hours. I had the brilliant idea of going yesterday right when Costco opens so I could be first in line for my new tires. They don't make appointments so "suppposedly" it is first come, first serve. I was there right when the doors opened and was second in line and I can promise you I was not served second. The girls and I blew as much time as we could at Costco. We looked at books, we ate all available samples, and then we did a little grocery shopping. We checked out right when we were told they would be done with our tires and they called and said they were just starting on mine. Fortunately, they put my cart in the cooler and the girls and I walked to Deseret Book to do some more waiting. Lucy broke a book while we were there so then we headed back to Costco crossing our fingers that it was done. Hooray, it was done! Lastly, the guy casually mentions at the end that after I drive twenty five miles I should come back for some sort of quick check on my lug nuts or torque (I can't remember because the girls were going CRAZY by this point). So, wow, I get to go back after spending two and a half hours at Costco. I can't wait.
3. Shopping for maternity swimsuits. Depressing.
4 comments:
Even worse is shopping for a swimsuit after just having a baby!!! Ugh! I made the horrific mistake of going swimsuit shopping just days after I had Charlotte...I haven't had the nerve to even try again.
Yes, shopping for anything maternity is depresing and swimsuits! Ahhhhh! Words do not describe the pain, disgust, or humiliation. I'm right there with ya on this one Kate.
I think number three wins!
Yeah... your last thing is surely the worst of all. Maternity suits.... yuck yuck yuck and yuck!! And since you are nearing close to end, I'm sure your feeling fabulous! Hopefully you aren't feeling too horrible. Have you pulled out the kiddy pool yet?
Post a Comment