We had a pretty slow week and a pretty fast weekend. That's usually the way it goes. Still, my girls always keep me smiling. A few days ago we were outside and there was a stray cat in our yard. Lucy was frantic and started yelling "Shoo, cat, SHOO!!" Then she escalated to, "Fly, cat FLY!!" Esther calmly sitting on a swing beside her said, "Lucy, cats don't fly." Lucy replied, "Oh. Only birdies do?" Esther responded in the affirmative and the cat was almost forgotten. Eventually Mommy had to go chase the cat away with a cup of water. I love being the hero.
Then tonight we were driving home from a delicious Father's day dinner at my parents' house and Lucy and Esther always like to talk about who they are going to marry. Usually, Esther says she's going to marry Uncle Jake and Lucy says she's going to marry Uncle Lige. Tonight, Lucy had a change of heart. In her most tired whiny voice she demanded, "I going to marry GPS." Right before we moved here we decided to invest in a Garmin GPS and we currently have it set to a very handsome Australian male voice. Apparently, Lucy thinks GPS is a real guy and plans on getting hitched to him. Here's how the sister conversation went:
Esther: Lucy you can't marry GPS. It doesn't have arms, or legs, or a mouth, it only tells us which direction to go.
Lucy (still whining): Yes!! I'm going to marry GPS.
Esther: No, it has no hands and it couldn't even be in the wedding!
Lucy (on the edge): I'M GOING TO MARRY GPS.
Mommy and Daddy: Okay, that's great. You can marry GPS. Esther, please don't talk to Lucy any more.
Esther (whispering to Mommy and shaking her head): But Lucy really can't marry GPS.
Sometimes my life is just hilarious. Those are some of the best moments. So here's to another week of mommyhood, and thanks to John and our dads for all they do for us!
5 comments:
Brent said he wants to marry Esther and Lucy both!!!
Hilarious! I might run away with my GPS...if only he sounded like a hot Australian!
I miss your girls and their funny little arguments. I think you'd better watch out for that Lucy...she's going to have a weakness for men with accents.
I always use the sexy Irish voice - I think his name is Aengus.
That story cracked me up! Lucy is so funny! At least you know what she looks for in a man now - a strong, handsome accent. :)
My most favorite story ever! I laughed so hard! I know the very tough, romantic male australian voice you're talking about. He's definately easy to fall in love with.
Post a Comment