Pages

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Grandma's House

One nice thing about living in Utah is being able to go visit Grandma. My girls LOVE it! Even if they work in the yard the whole time they think it is the best time ever. Today they were helping Grandma plant flowers and they were so excited to push this cart that seemed just the right size and width for the both of them. Grandma even bought them little Dora trowels so they can help with the gardening and planting (she always has lots going on in that department).

Esther gets so excited about the flowers. When we pull in Grandma's driveway she made sure I noticed how beautiful the roses were. I love how much she loves the beauty of nature. Yesterday, after it rained, she made me look TWICE at this rainbow in the sky because it was SOOOOO beautiful. I love her enthusiasm. I'm glad Grandma is teaching them to love gardening and yardwork. Some day when we have a house we'll need those skills!

3 comments:

b.liz said...

Walker is an expert gardener too...maybe he needs to pass along his skills to his momma!

We miss you guys soooo much.

Anonymous said...

What a fun tradition. I should garden more with my mom, she's a pro. Your girls are so pretty Katie! We're happy to have you in Utah! :) Love you!

Heidi Openshaw said...

What a darling picture of them. I'm so glad they live near Grandma now and can visit her often. How fun for them. Would they like to come over and work on my yard for me?