Pages

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

A baby step

Today we were at Walmart for a quick errand and Lucy was eating a cookie. Half way through she dropped it and looked up at me with sad puppy dog eyes because she knows I usually expect her to throw it away. Not today. I let those eyes get the best of me and half way through telling her it was garbage I changed my mind and told her to go for it. This is a big step for a germ-a-phobe. I will admit, the floor was looking freshly washed and shiny so that was a contributing factor. Lucy is still breathing.

7 comments:

Janine said...

Good for you!!! My kids eat off the ground/floor lots of times - and they are all fine. Although Walker saw Olivia do it once and his heart almost stopped.

Cute pics of Isaac. And Will always seems to have a rashy face.

Heidi said...

I'm so proud of you Kate! It's so great to take those babysteps. Especially when it comes to germs. (:

Heidi Openshaw said...

Oh wow! That is insane. Spencer and I could never do it. Good for you though. I'm sure it was a very freeing experience.

Jade said...

Yeah you can't deny those puppy eyes. Tate's puppy eyes make most my decisions for me. Love and miss you.

cori said...

I'm so surprised you made your first foray into the 3 second rule at Walmart of all places!! But kudos to you cuz I know what a hard decision that must have been for you - I'm proud of you.

b.liz said...

That must have been really difficult for you...don't worry, your blog support group is here any time you need to share about your germophobia.

Since marrying Stu I've actually become more uptight about germs (big surprise)...but I still let my kids eat stuff off the ground occasionally. But WALMART!? That takes guts, Kate.

Stu said...

Dood...I just threw-up in my mouth a little bit. I hate to say it but I think you're shedding your phobia faster than me...at least you can walk into a Walmart!