The other day Isaac had been crying and Esther came up to him and said, "Hey look, Isaac has lady eyes." Then she explained what she meant--since he had been crying his eyelashes were bunched together and sticking straight out like a lady. Huh. Never really though of it that way.
Jealous vs. Genius
Esther has been getting these two words confused lately and I almost don't want to correct her. We were on a walk the other day and she saw some girls in motorized little Barbie jeep. She said to me, "Seeing those girls makes me feel like a genius." I almost laughed and said, "Oh, you mean jealous." She wistfully and dramatically sighed, "Yeah..."
Esther is already planning her next birthday party, in only 9 months. I think she mentions it every other day at least. The other day in the car she was telling us all that for her next birthday she either wanted to go to Chucky Cheese, Boondocks or Disneyland. John and I looked at each other in shock and just laughed. No big deal--we'll just drive on over to Disneyland for your birthday. Then tonight before bed she was rambling on again: "First I want a Tiana party, then a Fancy Nancy party, then a Snow White party..." I said, "Why don't we talk about this when it's just a LITTLE closer." I guess I should just be happy she dropped the Disneyland idea... for today.
3 comments:
so cute. Your kids are so well mannered. It was good to see you today, thanks for letting me come.
Those are adorable stories. She'll love to read those one day! Thanks for sharing :)
darling.
i miss that girl...
Post a Comment