The weekend after losing Iris we decided we needed to get away so we headed to Midway with Nana and Grandpa Bob. It was EXACTLY what we all needed. The kids got lots and lots of swimming in, the men golfed, and women got much needed massages and pedicures (well only 1 1/2 pedicure for me because one foot still needed some healing time). It was a therapeutic and perfect little trip. John wants to make it an annual tradition to remember our sweet Iris and I think I could definitely go for that.







6 comments:
Hi - I'm so glad to see your posts about this tough month. And I was happy to see the picture of Iris. It is so nice that you were able to bury her with your mom - very touching.
Your feet!!! As if life wasn't hard enough for you!! That's crazy - I had no idea about that.
Thanks for sharing all of these things, I wish we were closer to you.
Love you Kate!
I am so sorry about the losses summer has brought you this year. I had no idea until I caught up with your blog this afternoon, which is a shame in and of itself. Please extend our love to John too. You are in our prayers! XOXO -Rob, Rebecca & the boys.
Hi Kate,
I finally had time to read through some blogs and got to yours. I am so sorry for your losses. I was crying reading the sweet posts about your mother and baby Iris. I am so sorry Kate. You are one amazing woman with such a wonderful family. I am sending electronic love and hugs to you.
Stef
I occasionally check in to your blog and just read your updates. I am so sorry to hear about sweet little Iris and your mother. That is a lot to go through in such a short time. I hope you know we think you guys are such great people and that you are raising a beautiful family! Our thoughts and love go out to you. Love Ron and Jennifer from TX
Love you guys...
Post a Comment