Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lucy loses her first tooth!

 This week Lucy lost her first tooth.  The other day I was brushing her teeth and the dentist had mentioned she had some loose teeth so I felt this one that looked loose and said, "Wow, that tooth IS loose."  Immediately there were tears.  She was stressed and scared of the idea of losing her tooth.  A week later she  woke up and the tooth looked crooked because the tooth growing in was pushing it out.  I told Lucy she should pull it out.  There were immediately more tears.  I stopped saying anything and then Lucy sneezed.  The sneeze somehow pushed the tooth even more.  There was blood, more tears, then we went to look in the mirror--I was trying to coax her to just pull it out because it was pretty much hanging by a thread--she pushed it with her tongue and it rolled right out of her mouth.  After a few more tears and a wet rag on the empty spot she was excited at the prospect of the tooth fairy and some money.  She immediately put the tooth by her pillow and pretended to go to sleep in hopes that the tooth fairy would come right away.  I told her to get dressed because it was 9 in the morning and the tooth fairy only comes at night.  She, of course, reminded me of the one time the tooth fairy came for Esther in the morning (OOPS).  I told her that generally that doesn't happen.  Anyway... we are ALL glad that Lucy's tooth is our and are slightly dreading the next tooth loss.
The tooth fairy DID come that night and she got a dollar and woke up with a big gap-toothed smile.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

A dollar! Man I need to start loosing some teeth. :). These inflation things have benefits! So cute!

Janine said...

Okay several comments:

1. Isaac is getting so grown up looking - in a preschool kind of way.

2. Love, love the Isaac soccer pics.

3. Will still clings to me in the pool - or just holds on to the edge even though he can touch. I have such water wimps. Which is odd, since swimming was the only sport I could figure out how to do as a kid!

4. Finally, the Iris pics - so beautiful and it's so great that you had a photographer come and take them. Smart thinking.

5. Miss you guys. Constantly thinking of you. And, of course, we love you guys