John and my brother Lige competed in an olympic triathlon which is no monkey business. My dad and I got up and the crack of dawn (slightly later then the boys) to go watch them. When we saw them getting ready for the swim my dad was immediately worried. "John can't swim that far!!" There were three buoys set up and they had to go around all three twice. It did look far but I told my dad that perhaps he needed to be a bit more positive. They both survived it all. The run ended up being the worst part of it for them since they were so spent from the bike and run. Lige ended up getting 3rd place in his age group and when he was done was already talking about the half iron man next May. John, when he was done, said something like "I am never doing that again." But once he recovered a little more he was not as down on another tri. I was proud of these guys. It was a long event. I got tired just watching them. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment