Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Autumn Randomness

We had a pretty good weekend, especially with the cool fall weather. John took off early Saturday morning to go study for the GMAT (I think we will all be at least 50% happier when that is over). I made chicken salad in the morning for a little casual shower that we had for my sister in-law Beth (she's having her first girl!). Then John came home, and poor guy, I left him with the girls to go off to the shower. The shower was a lot of fun--something about just hanging out with girls, eating lunch, and chatting for two hours gives a little boost. It was perfect! I felt really bad because John did not get to watch the BYU game because our luncheon went a little longer then expected. But I made it up to him by letting him pick our date for Saturday night--an action-packed movie with popcorn and a drink. It's funny how guys just any sort of movie that has car chases, explosions, shoot outs, fancy weaponry, and government intrigue. After the movie John told me that his deep dark secret wish is to be a cop. He even asked if he could do that after all our kids are grown up and out of the house. I think we got into another conversation about the FBI before I could give him an answer. I'm really lucky to have a husband who is willing to do his not-favorite family-friendly job in order to provide for us and have decent hours. He's even going further and pursuing his M.B.A. just for the future security of our family. He is the best.

The whole weekend was full of Esther laughs. Here's a list of our favorites:
Esther saying to Lucy, "Come back her young mouseling!" (perhaps she's been watching a little too much Angelina Ballerina.
Esther telling Daddy he had "fur" on his face.
Esther saying the family prayer: "Thankful to have a place to sit." "Thankful that we don't have to see the bad people."
Esther calling paper money "green tickets."
Esther telling me while we were folding laundry that maybe when I (mommy) "grow" into a baby then I can wear her clothes and she'll be the mommy.
She always keeps us laughing. She has a funny aversion to anything stinky. After seeing the sea lions at Fisherman's Wharf she said that she NEVER wanted to see them EVER AGAIN! Also, she has this beautiful blanket from her Nana with these pictures of different animals. One of them is a skunk so every night we had to turn the blanket upside down so she doesn't have to smell the stinky skunk (and no, it doesn't actually stink, it's thread on fabric).
I love quirks... most of them at least.

2 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

Sam has always had a secret wish to be a cop too!

Katie and Joel said...

Hello! Joel and I finally made a blog. Then we found yours!
Esther sounds so cute! I remember when we were walking last summer and she was just starting to talk. Time flies!