Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2008

YES ON PROP 8



The last thing I want in the education of my children is for them to go to school and be taught that same-sex marriage is the same as marriage between a man and a woman. We had a really great meeting at our church last night and I feel really inpired to do what I can to make sure Proposition 8 passes. ProtectMarriage.com is an awesome resource for what we can do and why we need to do it. Our church has also come out with a website to use as a resource called preservingmarriage.org. I hope everyone is registered to vote and realizes the huge impact this could have on our families, our religion, and on our society if this proposition doesn't pass. Lastly, our church has also come out with an article on the subject that I strongly recommend. It's called "The Divine Institution of Marriage." I wish I was a better elocutionist so I could give a strong argument... but it is not my strenth, thus all the websites and resources. Check them out! Family, with husbands and wives, is essential to our society and to our children!

2 comments:

littlest said...

go kate. with you all the way!

Cathryn said...

Great post Kate! It's been a little bit of craziness as we have been working through our call lists. Here's something funny, as we have been setting aside time each week to make calls, we found out that R's sister and husband were donating to vote No. The hilarious part is that they pay for our cellphone minutes. We told them that they have already unknowingly donated to Vote Yes :).