Pages

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Lu Lu's Third Birthday

Poor Lucy had her birthday on the Sunday we were driving home from Canada. Fortunately, she didn't know that was a bad thing. We let her pick out a movie (Bob the Builder) from Target and then she wanted pancakes so we stopped for some in Idaho Falls. On Monday we got together with my family for a little Lucy birthday party. She was in heaven--her face when we were singing "Happy Birthday" to her was priceless. Lucy is so much fun to have in our family--she is our little comedian. There is a constant flow of chatter that comes out of her mouth--whether she is with people or not. I love her little imagination. She loves looking at books (espeically Dora), playing with Esther, and singing songs-especially from Aida or Wicked (as soon as I start the car she is shouting out a request of that sort). Lucy is so easy going but still loves to try and ruffle Esther's feathers on occasion. For a while she was calling John "Dadster," and me "Momster" and now she's switched to Daddy Baddy. Today at church was her first day in Sunbeams. I was playing the piano and she couldn't resist coming over and peeking around the piano and saying "Love you Mom!" We're so glad Lucy is in our family--keeping us on our toes and making us laugh!
Lucy with her new book from Grandma Hess--"Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type."

The dinner party--the Hess Fam--with Spaghetti and Meatballs--one of Lucy's favorites!

Lucy dreamily enjoying her birthday song and cake--I think this is the last year I will be able to talk her into chocolate. The girls really like "pink" cakes--but they just don't taste as good!

The birthday girl with her sister. I'm so glad these two are such great friends. Esther got Lucy two necklaces from the dollar spot at Target and she was SO EXCITED to make her a card and give it to her. Of course, two days later, Esther is wearing one of the necklaces and Lucy the other--I'm glad Lucy is so willing to share her jewelry--they are both in for many years of sharing such items.
Lucy is really excited to now hold up three fingers instead of two (despite the challege of keeping the pinky finger down).

1 comment:

Janine said...

We had tons of fun with you guys too. And now that you are in a closer state, we can do this more often.

Happy Birthday to Lucy - and cute outfit. And I'm glad she likes the robot dinosaur now.