Sunday, January 31, 2010
More Hoarding
I finally cleaned out my car this week and tried out our new shop-vac (which I love love love!). I went to clean out Esther's side and she was standing protectively in front of her car seat and she told me she needed a baggie. I asked her why and she would not answer. After a few more questions she finally stepped aside to show me what she was storing in her cup holder and wanted to keep--a bunch of candy wrappers. Seriously? Should I be worried? I told her that there was no way she was keeping her stash of candy wrappers and promptly threw them away. This, of course, brought a wave of wailing and tears. A couple hours later she found out I had thrown away a "squeeze-it" bottle (empty) that she got from preschool. That didn't go over very well either. As you can imagine, her room is rarely neat and orderly. She likes to keep EVERYTHING... Sometimes I just try to clean her room when she's gone so she won't notice all the "treasures" I'm throwing away. It's a challenge. Hopefully I'm up for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad she's yours and not mine. I just couldn't deal with that. Did she tell you why she wanted to keep them? Maybe have her transform them into art instead of hiding them.
After going through John's boxes here, are you surprised at Esther's behaviour??
Although...I just found a baggie full of Christmas candies in the back storage container of our van...Christmas 2008 that is.
Oh wow! Hilarious. Macie is OCD, so I really don't know which is worse. I have to try and tell her to keep her room messy, not tear only one perfectly squared piece of toilet paper off the roll, and to unsqueeze her hands after taking a bath because it's really okay if they're wrinkley. Ahhh! I'm worried about my child.
I seriously laughed OUT LOUD reading this. Kids are so funny. LOVE IT!!!
Spencer is just like this. Any type of trash I attempt to throw away, he asks if he can keep it. He loves to create things with trash. But I do go in his room while he's at school and declutter his "stuff". Oh the fun..
Post a Comment