Esther and Lucy had swimming lessons. Esther learned a lot and is doing some actually swimming now. Lucy learned to put half her face in the water and to do lots of floating with her teacher holding her (that was one of the few activities that didn't make her cry). I specifically got her private lessons this year to try to avoid some of the crying and fears but it was only slightly better than last year. During every lesson I would hear her say these two things to her teacher: "How much time is left?" and "I don't want to do that." (accompanied by mini screams and tears. I was a little bit relieved when the lesson was over.
Lucy's favorite float.
Esther working on her backstroke.
Last weekend we had a backyard campout (my favorite kind of camping where I still get to sleep in my bed). We had Uncle Jake and Auntie Monique over for some camp food and then John set up the tent. Isaac was pretty pumped about the tent--I'm glad he didn't realize he was being left out of the tent sleepover--we put him to bed first before the girls got too settled.
Jake, Monique, and William doing some leg exercises.
Isaac showing his excitement over the tent.
Yes, the girls packed their backpacks for the backyard campout.
Lucy all set up with her baby and sleeping bag.
This is my favorite camping picture because you can see that Esther even packed her alarm clock and propped it up on a hair box for the campout. She is set!
I don't think John got much sleep but the girls thought it was the best night ever.





1 comment:
Looks like you guys are having a fun busy summer too! We really want to get together soon. I'm so sorry we haven't called. We had our Canada trip and now my brother's wedding next week. My mom has needed so much help! After the 20th we will be FREE!!!
Post a Comment