Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday

It's Friday and I'm usually in a great mood on Fridays because then it's the weekend and know weekends are lots more fun then weekdays. Today is different. A large part of my downer mood is due to my recent filling that has recently become SUPER sensitive and recently started aching all the time. I talked to my dentist who said that I should give it a couple weeks and then if it doesn't improve I may need to have a ROOT CANAL. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHgh. I can barely handle getting cavities filled and now a root canal may be on my horizon. Additionally, I'm so stressed out about it that I've been clenching my teeth at night which makes my jaw hurt. Pretty pathetic hey? Don't worry, I'm definitely going to get a second opinion before I resort to the root canal form of torture. Another reason for my Friday blues is that John is going to be gone most the day Saturday working and then he has to study so it will feel like a non-Saturday. My third reason, or "whine", is that I have a million things to put away having been to two stores this morning, plus breakfast and lunch dishes to do. Lastly, my kitchen garbage is SUPER stinky and I keep procrastinating taking it out because then I'll REALLY have to smell it up close. I promise I'm done complaining now.

Here are the good things about today (just so you know I'm not a complete pessimist):

My brakes are okay (despite the loud groaning in the rear) so there was no huge car expense today like I was expecting

IB Profen makes my teeth and jaw feel almost normal.

I just bought LOTS of nectarines and peaches which I LOVE.

It's almost time for nap time/quiet time. Yay.

4 comments:

Janine said...

Okay - same boat as you with the tooth a couple of years ago. LOVED the root canal - because the pain went right away IMMEDIATELY. Don't put it off, you won't regret it.

littlest said...

kate..you're the best...i love reading your blog. and i have had a root canal...not total torture...

b.liz said...

Along with raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens - naptime and bedtime are two of my favorite things too.

A pain free mouth might be on the top of your favorite things list right now...but a root canal? Yuck!

Heidi Openshaw said...

Kate, I love how you just say it how it is. I hope you do not have to have a root canal because I hear that they are the worst ever. Sorry to hear the sad news about your teeth. Your teeth struggle huh?