Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lucy, Copy Cat Extrodinaire

Lucy is our little copy cat these days. It's almost like we have a parrot around the house because she is always trying to say whatever we say or do what we do. When I say "we," I mostly mean Esther. Lucy IDOLIZES Esther and wants to do EVERYTHING that she does. If Esther wipes her mouth, then Lucy wants to wipe her mouth. If Esther lays prostrate on the ground and cries then Lucy is on the ground beside her giving her best fake cry. If Esther whines about bed time and asks, "But whyyyyyyyyy mommy???" Then inevitable I hear another little voice echo, "But whyyyyy mommy?" Sometimes it's cute when she does her copying, like when they both get their strollers and push them around together. Other times, it's less endearing, like when Esther decides to scream (wow) and then Lucy matches her with another scream. Or when Esther decides to run around slamming the doors and Lucy decided to join the fun game too. We're trying to teach Esther about being a good example and she does seem to understand when she is being a "bad" example. My favorite copying is when she copies me. Tonight, I was on the phone and laid down on the carpet to chat and Lucy came and laid right beside me and looked over at me and gave me a huge smile. That is the copy cat I love and adore!

1 comment:

b.liz said...

She is so adorable! We can't wait to come play today...and hopefully She doesn't copy any deviant behavior from my boys.