Tuesday, October 27, 2009
AAAAAaagh!!!!
One of the worst feelings in the world is making one small mistake that can cost a large amount. Today, in a moment of O.C.D. and a moment of "worrying about burning my house down while I'm gone" I made one of those mistakes. I was in the car ready to back out and head to Costco when I had the nagging feeling that I should run back in and check to make sure I unplugged my flat iron (this drives John CRAZY--because I always get that nervous feeling and have to check something and it's always unplugged or turned off). When I hopped out of the car I did not realize the car was still in "DRIVE" and with my body straddling the car seat it continued to move forward. I panicked and froze for a few seconds too long. The car (like it was in slow motion) rolled right into the stairs leading to the back door of the house. Unfortunately, there was a couple of expletives and I finally found the STINKING brakes several seconds TOO LATE! This is when I wish my life was like my DVR so I could rewind just a minute and not inflict major scratches and a slight dent on the front bumper of my car. Alas, to be human is to err.... or something like that. I just have to keep telling myself the same thing I tell my girls: "Accidents happen." I'm glad I have a very patient husband who is excellent at repairs (the plywood stairs did not fare very well either).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How scary! Crazy! I'm glad nobody was hurt. I'm sorry to hear about the stairs and car though. What a stressful mommmy moment!
Ouch! I completely know that wish-I-could-rewind feeling. So sad...but at least it was just a little dent and and some stairs and not any worse!
Hugs.
Oh NO!!!! How frustrating! I can totally relate to the OCD thing where you know you turned something off, but you just can't remember doing it so you have to double check again even though you already did?! Ya...that doesn't get better with age. :)
Sorry to hear about the car, I wanted the DVD rewind function as well after I hit a deer and had to spend 3 weeks with out a car. Glad to hear that no one was hurt.
Oh my goodness, I too am in constant fear of leaving the flat iron plugged in. I swear I check it 3x before I leave the house and also have stopped the car to run in and check for a 4th time...to inevitably find that it is unplugged. I will be sure to check the brake the next time that happens though!
So.... you never said whether the flat iron was really still plugged in. What the accident a necessary injury or merely the result of a paranoid mind :)?
I'm so sorry.
Your long legs probably helped save you from more damage. I would have been TOTALLY screwed!
Post a Comment