John and I are realizing more and more how much more stuff you need for the winter. We haven't "done" winter in about six and a half years so we are very unprepared. Since it snowed today a little bit I did pick up a shovel at Costco. I really haven't bought a warm winter coat since right before I went to London for the semester. That was almost nine years ago... wow.
I also need to get some winter boots. I'm not a big shoe person--if I can wear flip flops that is generally what I go with but when there is snow on the ground, sandals just aren't feasible. What about snow pants? Do I have to get snow pants for my girls? We always had them growing up here in Utah(although I was generally wearing my brothers' hand-me-downs). It's a whole new expensive world living in a place that has a real winter.
2 comments:
Target usually has cheap snow bibs etc. for kids.
These are the boots I'm eyeing...
http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/fw09/shoes/women/blvd/cheyenne%20boot
...oh, to have snow 'problems'. :) One day we'll have to come visit you in the winter so our kids can see/experience real snow and not just read about it in books. :) Course, it would be great to visit you too - that would be the main reason for the visit!
Post a Comment