Friday, May 30, 2008
Good Morning
One of the best things about every morning is the smiling face of Esther. She ALWAYS wakes up happy! It is adorable except for the rare times when she wakes up earlier then early. As she approaches our door she always has little giggles and as soon as we make eye contact she runs and jumps onto our bed for a cuddle. If I'm downstairs in the morning I can always hear when she gets up and runs to our room, then sees we're not there so she runs all the way down the hall to the stairs. This may sound cliche but the pitter patter of her feet always makes me smile. This morning when she woke up we had a lovely conversation and a cuddle. We talked about bugs and how she had looked for spiders in her bed but there weren't any because she is in the upper bunk. She also told me how Grandma told her that mean bugs are spiders but then they die and go to Heaven. I'm sure those were not Grandma's exact words but that's how the interpretation went. Then we talked about earwigs and how they were just downstairs and we wondered if they had mouths and teeth. The mommy encyclopedia came up short on that topic. I told her I was pretty sure they don't have teeth and I reassured her they do not bite. I think I could make any request to Esther in the morning and she would do it. She is cheerfully obedient and when I tell her to go potty she hops up and runs to the toilet chatting with me the whole time she goes and the whole time she washes her hand. John and I do not wake up ready to talk so it takes some warming up before we can be very responsive to her. Lucy is not the best at waking up either. She does not wake up talking or giggling, she wakes up screaming. No joke. We must have good pipes in our genes (well, I guess we know we do seeing as John's mom was pro-opera) because she is LOUD. Most morning Lucy is the one that wakes us all. Shrieking screams are not the best cock-a-doodle-do (I have no idea how to spell or write that word). Hopefully Lucy will soon learn from her sister and we'll have all around cheerful mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so happy to see you blog! Your girls are adorable and getting so big! I'm happy to see that you are all doing well! Check us out @ jkdrinkh2o.blogspot.com
Krista
I hope Esther is cheerful going to sleep and waking up in Walker's room for their sleepover tonight! Walker is so excited about it that he cheerfully cleaned his room in anticipation. Crazy!
Poor little screaming Lucy isn't going to be a morning person, is she?
How cute, what a treat she wakes up so happy. And, it sounds like her fear of bugs and bad dreams may be worked through now, I hope! Now Kate, how did you not know if earwigs have mouths and teeth -- hilarious imagination!
Post a Comment